I cut crosses from plastic canvas and then stitch my handmade crosses using a large collection of fibers—cotton floss, variegated premium fibers, metallic filaments, sparkly blending filaments, glow-in-the-dark blending filaments, and sometimes even acrylic, polyester, or rayon. Nearly every cross comes out unique.
The cross is mounted on cardstock with embellishments and a sentiment or Bible verse. To be clear, these are not folded greeting cards, but postcard-type cards with the cross mounted on the front. There is usually room to write a note on either the front or back, if desired. (I chose not to use a folded card to keep the weight and thickness under the limit for one stamp).
If desired, the cross may be removed from the card by simply loosening or cutting the thread on the back of the card.
Each package contains six cross cards with six envelopes in a clear plastic box.
Cards may include these verses or similar sentiments:
- Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 106:1
- Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Psalm 105:1
- I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory! Psalm 118:21
- And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
- Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words! 2 Corinthians 9:15
- But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
- Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Philippians 1:3
- Give Thanks