I want to help you achieve victory over negative or simply unhelpful thoughts.
Biblical Affirmation Decks contain poker-sized cards with biblical affirmations and memorable images to help plant the concept in your brain. I love attaching funny, absurd images to thoughts.
For instance, a hot air balloon lifting an elephant reminds me how “The Lord lifts me when I feel weighed down.” Or a refugee crossing cracked mud where the waters have parted before her reminds me how “God is able to do more than I think in my situation.” And man holding an umbrella that’s raining on him when it’s not raining elsewhere reminds me of how depression feels and the truth, “When my heart is sad, I remind myself this feeling is temporary and joy will return like the dawn.”
So enjoy the fun images as you repeat these affirmations because the images might help you remember them or look at things in a new way.
How do you use affirmation cards?
There’s no right or wrong way. And God will use the truth of his word to change your life as you take time to put more of his truth in your thought habits. But here are some ideas:
- Choose an affirmation card for each day and repeat it often.
- Read through the entire deck of affirmations a couple times a day.
- Carry an affirmation card with you to remind you to practice it throughout the day.
- Keep them handy to review when you start to feel anxious.
- Post affirmation cards in places you spend time, such as the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, your car dashboard, or your desk.
- Share cards with others by tucking one in a lunchbox, card to a friend, or simply hand them out like candy.
What will I get?
The From Mope to Hope Deck contains 60 biblical affirmation cards for depression. Each poker-sized card is UV coated to make it durable and resistant to stains and smudges. You can even use a dry-erase marker on it and it will wipe clean!
The deck of 60 cards comes shrink-wrapped in a tuck box. The box is also UV coated to make it a durable place to store your cards as you use them over time.
From Mope to Hope Deck: 60 Biblical Affirmation Cards for Depression
1. My time of darkness and despair will not go on forever. Isaiah 9:1a
2. Nothing is too difficult for God. Jeremiah 32:17
3. God lifts me out of the pit of despair. Psalm 40:2
4. I never give up because God renews my spirit daily. 2 Corinthians 4:16
5. When my heart is sad, I remind myself this feeling is temporary and joy will return like the dawn. Psalm 43:5, Psalm 30:5b
6. God has compassion on me when I feel helpless. Matthew 9:36
7. God is my comforter in sorrow. Jeremiah 8:18
8. Even in the darkness of depression, I cannot hide from God. Psalm 139:12
9. The Lord will work out his plans for my life. Psalm 138:8
10. I encourage myself with memories of good times. Psalm 42:4
11. I recall the good things God has done for me in the past. Psalm 77:11, Psalm 103:2
12. I lift my eyes to God. Psalm 123:1-2a
13. The Lord lifts me when I feel weighed down. Psalm 146:8
14. God is able to do more than I think in my situation. Ephesians 3:20
15. I see God at work in my situation. Psalm 69:32
16. I put my hope in God, not in my circumstances. Psalm 42:11
17. God will continue his work in my life. Philippians 1:6
18. Though I walk in darkness, the Lord will be my light. Micah 7:8, Isaiah 9:2
19. I keep my eyes on Jesus so I don’t give up. Hebrews 12:1-3
20. I always pray and never give up. Luke 18:1
21. God has already begun something new in my life. Isaiah 43:19
22. Sadness has a refining influence on me. Ecclesiastes 7:3
23. God restores those who are crushed in spirit and he will restore my life. Isaiah 57:15, Psalm 119:107
24. God alone is my hope. Psalm 71:5
25. God will once again fill my mouth with laughter and my lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21
26. I wait quietly for God to work in my situation. Psalm 62:5, Psalm 37:7
27. My Savior understands my feelings because he experienced sorrow, depression, and despair. Isaiah 53:3, Matthew 26:38, Hebrews 4:15
28. God will comfort me and exchange my sorrow for rejoicing. Jeremiah 31:13
29. God blesses me when I weep now, for in due time I will laugh. Luke 6:21
30. I rely on God, who lights up my darkness. Isaiah 50:10, Psalm 18:28
31. I guard my heart because it determines the course of my life. Proverbs 4:23
32. God will one day wipe away every tear and end all pain. Revelation 21:4, Isaiah 25:8
33. My circumstances are not a reflection of God’s feelings toward me. Romans 8:35, 37
34. I pour out my heart to God, for he is my refuge. Psalm 62:8
35. I nurture a cheerful heart because it is good medicine for my broken spirit. Proverbs 17:22
36. I cannot imagine what God has prepared for me. 1 Corinthians 2:9
37. God’s unfailing love surrounds me and gives me hope. Psalm 33:22
38. God’s word gives me hope and encouragement. Romans 15:4, Psalm 119:114
39. I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness before I die. Psalm 27:13
40. God leads me from darkness and snaps my chains. Psalm 107:14, John 8:12
41. Depression cannot separate me from the love of God. Romans 8:39
42. Even when I walk through the darkest valley of depression, God is close beside me. Psalm 23:4
43. My depression will disappear as God fills me with joy and gladness. Isaiah 51:11, Esther 9:22
44. God collects my tears in his bottle. Psalm 56:8
45. The Lord lifts my head and holds it high. Psalm 3:3
46. God comforts me when I’m depressed. 2 Corinthians 1:4
47. God hears my cry. Psalm 40:1
48. When I begin to sink into depression, I cry out, “Save me, Lord!” Matthew 14:30, Psalm 69:2, 14
49. God is near me when I am brokenhearted. Psalm 34:18
50. The Lord renews my strength. Isaiah 40:31
51. Not even depression can separate me from God’s love. Romans 8:38-39
52. I let Christ carry my grief and sorrow. Isaiah 53:4
53. When doubts fill my mind, God’s comfort renews my hope. Psalm 94:19
54. I have hope, which gives me courage. Job 11:18
55. I refuse to give up now—I’m almost there! Hebrews 12:2-3, Galatians 6:9
56. I encourage myself in the Lord and draw strength from him. 1 Samuel 30:6
57. God will never leave me. Deuteronomy 31:8
58. When depression leaves me heavy, slow, and fatigued, God strengthens me and helps me. Isaiah 41:10
59. I have hope because I have God. Ephesians 2:12
60. I trade my heavy burden for the light burden God gives me. Matthew 11:28-30