I cut crosses from plastic canvas and then stitch my handmade crosses using a large collection of fibers—cotton floss, variegated premium fibers, metallic filaments, sparkly blending filaments, glow-in-the-dark blending filaments, and sometimes even acrylic, polyester, or rayon. Nearly every cross comes out unique.
The cross is mounted on cardstock with embellishments and a sentiment or Bible verse. To be clear, these are not folded greeting cards, but postcard-type cards with the cross mounted on the front. There is usually room to write a note on either the front or back, if desired. (I chose not to use a folded card to keep the weight and thickness under the limit for one stamp).
If desired, the cross may be removed from the card by simply loosening or cutting the thread on the back of the card.
Each package contains six cross cards with six envelopes in a clear plastic box.
Cards may include these verses or similar sentiments:
- May the Lord bless you and protect you. Numbers 6:24
- May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. Numbers 6:25
- May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace. Numbers 6:26
- May you be blessed by the Lord who made heaven and earth. Psalm 115:15
- May I never forget the good things he does for me. Psalm 103:2
- Blessings to you!